Sunday 28 July 2013

The weekend that was a.......................


Hiya,
Warning this is photo heavy..................

This time last weekend it was all over...................What was I hear you ask, the weekend workshop I organised for 16 lovely ladies with Hels Sheridan.

Everything went as planned, so I am more than happy, actually I am flippin ecstatic.  I have to be honest it really tired me out, but we had fun and that was the aim of the weekend for sure.  They must have all enjoyed it as there all coming back in Jan and quite a few of them are coming to the Melt Pot weekend workshop in Oct.

I had Hels, Katy and Lou all staying over at my house, which was a tad mad at times, but looking back very funny in others.  Lou is a complete scream and she had Hels and I literally crying with some of her stories.  She describes herself as the female Carl Pilkington and  to be honest she really is, love her too bits.

So a few pics from the weekend and then I will show you my latest make.

The calm before the arty madness begins


Saturday Shot



Sunday Shot

Happy Ladies with Hels

Very happy Ladies


Thanks to Michelle and Hels for the photos.

Check out these amazing blogs for close up photos and reviews of the weekend.

http://crafty-flossie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/a-fun-weekend-getting-inky-and-painty.html
http://lou-withers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/hels-up-north.html
http://thehobbyroomuk.blogspot.co.uk/
http://homecookedcards.blogspot.co.uk/
http://mytobyjug.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/what-incredible-2-days.html

As you can imagine I did not have time to join in the fun, so this weekend was my time.........   I created this 3 panel Burlap wall art.  This was one of the classes taught on the weekend.  I decided to use colours that I would not normally go for.................Not sure I am feeling the love, but I am sure it will grow on me.

All stuck together ready to go on the wall


Panel 1



Panel 2


Panel 3 


Thanks for stopping by Tuck Towers until the next time

Take Care

Sue

Products Used

TH Burlap Panels
TH Remnant Rub ons
Th Distress Paints and Distress Inks -  Seedless Preserves, Victorian velvet
Distress Inks  Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy
Archival Ink Black
Lots of Idea- ology
TH Stamps from various sets
TH Tissue Paper and Tissue Tape
Sizzixs dies
Wendy Vecchi Blossom Bucket Embellishments

Metal Flowers
Pearl
Cardstock
Cosmic Shimmer Glue

6 comments:

  1. We had a terrific time didn't we? I loved every minute. We were brilliant in getting everything to run so smoothly. Your a born natural organiser. It was great to meet you too. Hels was awesome and we made brilliant projects. Roll on January for me. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sue, I love the colours and great layering too. It really was a great weekend and I can't wait for the other two! Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like you had a wonderful time and I love the colors (one of my favs) ~ absolute LUSHNESS <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend Sue - love your creations too! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, great to see how you finished off your gorgeous panels. I love the flower on the centre panel, it's so pretty. Fab photo's. Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete