Saturday 1 December 2012

You have to love Paper Patchwork

Hiya

Last weekend I had the honour of spending two days being taught by Hels Sheridan.  If you are not aware of the talent this lady has have a little look see at her blog.  http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/
The first day she taught a class on Paper Patchwork and the second day on Paper Blocking.  Both days were filled with so much more than the project themselves and the time flew by.  Hels is definitely a giver of information.and a really nice lady. I would definitely recommend that if you have the chance you take a class with Hels, you so will not regret the decision. I also got to spend time with my  pal Lou who is totally barking mad but a sweet kind beautiful person.

I have also now left my job of nearly 7 years.  It was huge decision to make and took a lot of time to get to the point that I was able to make the appropriate decision. What is next...............Not sure, time will tell.  One thing  I know is that I will not be working in a job that has any pressure at all and that's for sure.

I  am sponsoring  this months  CC101 challenge. This is a group I belong to and all members of the group have had to complete Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry on-line workshop.
I decided that the example I was going to use for the challenge was going to be one of the projects I started at last weekends workshop with Hels and finished off at home during the week. The theme of this months challenge is Vintage or Christmas.  My project combines the two elements.

Paper Patchwork - Christmas past


I just love this project .  Below is a list of products used to complete this little crimbo masterpiece.

Thanks for looking and if you feel like leaving me a few words please use the link at the top of the post


Products used
Ranger/Tim Holtz
Selection of Tim Holtz Stamps
Black Paint Dabber
Archival Black Ink, Frayed Burlap, Old Paper Distress ink
Pine Needles Distress Stain
Glue & Seal Matt
Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter
Ideology Christmas Token, Fragment/Christmas Tree
 Pine cone die

Other Items
Square deep box frame
Sand paper
Treasure Gold Wax
Miniature Frame
Small Glass bottles
Cosmic Shimmer Glue

1 comment:

  1. I am so late visiting, how bad am I? (don't answer that lol) Twas grrrreat to meet you hun.... and am so chuffed you had a good time on the classes. Loved your makes and seeing your patchwork all finished made me smile biggly! Hope to see you again soon... hugs! x Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete