Saturday 21 April 2012

Art Part

Hiya

Well I got up still in my creative mood and thought I know I will make a start on my CC2 challenge only to discover that I did not have the Picket Fence mix and the challenge does say by the book.

So then I had to have a little retail therapy to buy some and a few more items some how found there way in my basket, opp's.

 I decided to tackle an Art Part square.  I have had a couple of packs of Art Parts for sometime but they scare me a little.  I love what Wendy Vecci, Hel's Sheridan and Linda E all do with Art Parts,  but think it is a little out of my comfort zone.....................But remembering why I started the blog in the first place I began.

After a lot of flappin and procrastination I made this little "thing"


What did I do and use.

  • Cover the frame in Tissue Tape
  • Gave a liberal covering of Picket Fence Stain
  • Covered that with Brushed Corduroy
  • Covered the trim in Picket Fence Stain, then decided to use Espresso Paint Dabber.  Still was not happy so covered that with Snow Cap dabber and wiped most of that off to give me a grain effect.  Added copper brads and Mother of  Pearl little tiny hearts
  • Cover two metal leaves with Lettuce Alcohol ink (not done that before)
  • Stamped my at the moment fav sentiment from the Prof. 
  • Using glossy accents added that onto a Fragments charm.
  • Added a light bulb and gears and job done I have a "thing"
not really sure what we become of the "thing".................................

3 day's in a row crafting, will I make 4?

TFL

Sue

5 comments:

  1. Love it Sue, and can't wait for the product of Day 4!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab sue - never used them myself - love the look of them but like you a bit scared what to do with them. But this looks great - keep it up!!! im waiting for the next instalment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! Using little parts & pieces is so new to me to & way out of my comfort zone but seeing what your doing with it inspires me. ;) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece Sue - doesn't look to me that you are out of your comfort zone x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Piece of Art. Sue. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete