Sunday 22 April 2012

Day 4 and still inking!


Hiya

Well I made it to day 4 and I was still in a creative mood. So I looked for a challenge and found that Hel's Sheridan's Sunday Stamper challenge this week is based on Summer colours.  The colours I have used on the cards below remind me of a sunset. You can find the challenge here http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sunday-stamper-week-202-summer-in-city.html

I found the following technique that i have used in a copy of Craft Stamper last year.  You use Post it notes as a mask for a shape and fill in the space left with 3 different colours of distress  light, medium, dark.  I didn't have any post it notes long enough to cover the card so I cut a few squares of card stock and I off I went.  I love these cards as I can customise as and when I need to with the correct sentiment.




The colours of Distress used are Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Barn Door. Two of the stamps are from Dylusions "bits of things set" from the wonder Dyan.

This is my next project.  I am hoping once finished it will look slightly different then it does now.

This was how my craft  space looked after only two days, I am far to ashamed to show how it looks now.

Well thats me for this four days craft "me time".  I have a mega busy couple of weeks coming up at work and do not know how much spare time I will but i'm sure to find a wee hour or two!

TFL

Sue

8 comments:

  1. Lovely and elegant - dont worry about the mess - if you clear it up it only gets that way again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those cards & what you did with the backgrounds. & Sweetie my room looks like that when I spend "craft time" too ;) It must means your having tons craftherapy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hand a look at your blog, YUMMY! you look like you had an awesome 4 days and I love the cards you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous and remind me of a beautiful sunset. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blended backgrounds - definitely a sunset on a summer's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bhahahahaaaaaa... your mess is worse than my mess which makes me feel a heap better cos I was gonna clear up tonight but I don'tneed to now rofl LOVE those cards, stunning... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in awe with my visit here, you have so much talent, I'm leaving with lots of inspiration.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards - love that background - did see it in CS but forgot all about it like you do - thanks for the reminder and the inspiration to try it

    ReplyDelete