Friday 20 April 2012

Two days of ink!

Hi
Well I have had a tough couple of weeks and needed some me downtime.  So I took two days off  and decided to get inky and boy did I.

I have had a blog re-vamp as I was getting really fed up with the look of the old background this was done thanks to a great friend MJ who took away and gave me it back finished (well nearly).

I contacted Stampers Anonymous this week over some stamps of Tim's that had started to behave badly even though I treat them better than my husband!  I was just after advice really as obviously I brought them from stores in the UK not directly from SA.  The most amazing customer service ensued I have ever had.  The lady I dealt with was so nice and nothing was a problem at all. Not only are they replacing the actual stamps they are sending me the full sets. Hats off to them.

Joined a close crafting group on FB this week. We are all recruits of Creative Chemistry 101 and total TH fans. Soooooooooooo much talent in one place, totally amazing.

Crafting at Tuck Towers over the last two days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gave my Vaga a bit of a hiding to start the day yesterday.




I decided to just make some backgrounds to start with and see where they took me.

Some of them are on manilla card stock, some are on gloss card stock.  I used one of Tims CC101 techniques using  Perfect Pearls and Blond Moments powders on the manilla card stock

I then decided to add some layers to the above and they are all now works in progress. I then pulled out a few old backgrounds that I had made and stored and started playing with them.  Bit of a mix between Tim and Dyan products ( not a great photo).

Okay what did I actually make after messing around for a day!

Enjoy the journey card.
I brought the old car die a while ago and had never gotten around to using it. I so love this card, even decided to make a sort of insert. I really like using Kraft card, but it is so hard to get in the UK. Going to enter this one in SSSS for this weeks anything goes challenge.




Next up this little beauty.  So not me and out of my comfort zone.......But the whole point of the blog was to do just that. I have to admit I love it.
This was made using Alcohol inks, Ranger gloss card stock, One of Tim's stamps and  a die cut flourish cut in chipboard and painted silver. Finished up with a couple of flowers I have had knocking around forever, two pins and a finally a bead. 
This was made using the water colour technique, Used Distress pens and inks, alcohol inks (for the yellow border on glossy card stock) and a little sentiment stamp.  think it is really pretty.

Well that's it for now, who knows what the weekend will bring crafting wise.
TFL

Sue

6 comments:

  1. Love the new blog - great stuff Sue!!! Only slighly envious of you having had 2 full days to play!!! love the stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful springlike blog Sue. Love the work you have completed this last 2 days - well done - hope you get loads more time to play very soon x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely tags and projects!!
    great use of your chemistry degree!!
    try craftie charlie for kraft card

    http://www.craftie-charlie.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=kraft

    or eco-craft

    https://secure.eco-craft.co.uk/acatalog/Card.html

    or ebay!

    hope this helps
    tony xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great ideas, thank you for sharing. I have kraft card from do crafts (or papermania?), the 12 x 12 sheets are not all plain and not mega thick gsm but they also do actual cards with envelopes which are heavier weight. Historically I have also had lovely blank cards with the kraft stripes in them from the web ivory catalogue that came through guides at xmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you enjoyed some inky therapy! Fabulous display or creations and the card is great! Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I love what you did with your downtime. These pieces are amazing (I can see your photo clearly & adore the backgrounds) I'm very excited to see the artistry you came up with in "Creative Therapy" time :) We all need that & this post is just a reminder of what that time can do. Thank you so much for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete